Malevolent Planet [Ongoing] - Version: 0.1.3
Consider supporting the dev if you like the game and want them to do what they love. Click on dev's link for more info.
Release Date: 24 December, 2020
Game Size: 74.0 MB
Game Engine: HTML
Current Game Version: 0.1.3 (Ongoing)
Total Views: 5,403 views
Post your problem in our Discord server for faster response. Click here to join.
Malevolent Planet is a text-based game set into a future not too far from our present. Humanity discovered a planet in another solar system that closely resembles Earth and decided to spend valuable resources on the discovery of the foreign planet, as Earth has gotten more and more polluted and famine has set scientists into a craze for any viable solutions that would save humanity from itself. The protagonist is a graduate of the International Space Academy and, by sheer luck, managed to land a spot on a reconnaissance mission to find out why the other missions failed to send a message back. You and your crew are set on a journey of a lifetime and your dream to explore the space has finally come true.
How to install?
- Download the .zip with the name Malevolent Planet v0.1.3 Public Release.zip
- Unzip it anywhere you'd like and open the newly created folder
- Launch the .html file, preferably through Chrome. The images folder should be in the same folder with the .html file
- Click Run Game on itch https://sugarmint.itch.io/malevolent-planet
- Dual Core Pentium or equivalent Processor.
- Intel HD 2000 or equivalent Graphics.
- 74.0 MB of free disk space (Recommended to have twice as much free disk space than this).
What's New in Malevolent Planet Version - 0.1.3?
- Three New Quests. For more details about each and an easy way to access them, check out the detailed changelog from below.
- Word Count raised from v0.1.2’s 180k words to v0.1.3’s 250k words.
- New Minigames: Blackjack and Rock, Paper, Scissors. Check out the detailed changelog for more info about them!
- 9 More drawings. Found in the quests of this version, the new accessible location, and the minigames from above.
- A New Location: The Ship’s Gym. It came with its own gym outfit and there will possibly be more gym outfits in the future, some more skimpy, some more conservative, for broader reaction events content.
- New Narrative Approach. Less text shown at once, more actions shown to advance the content, with Cyrus’ CTP Macro. Main difference is that in the new content going forwards, there will be less text to scroll through at once, possibly making for a more immersive reading.
- Many New Social Events. Tied to the new location, the Ship’s Gym, and also found in the new minigames. It includes long sequences of events that happen during interactions with your crew, depending on the circumstances.
- Ship Facilities Upgrade Menu. Used to advance one quests and start a new one in this version. It will be used a lot thorough the game, since upgrading the ship will get you further in the universe.
- UI Changes. The New Dialogue System is used in all the new content’s dialogues, the text is more interactive with the new narrative approach from above, and a Notification UI, courtesy of Crushstation, developed by Hyneman. One more thing, a slight change in the Quests UI to allow for a clearer info on where to go and when to go. The below changelog will cover it more, with screenshots.
- New Camping Quest. To start this quest, you need to visit Alberto at the Engine Room during Midday and pick the Any plans lately? option. The quest log will guide you along the way.
- New Exploration-Into-the-Wilds Quest. To start this quest, you need to visit Alberto at the Engine Room during Midday and pick the Party? option. The quest log will come in handy. Also, this is very much related to one of the favorite options for new scenes in the polls, but I don’t want to spoil.
- New Party Quest. To start this quest, you need to finish the quest from above. If it’s not too obvious, after you get back to your ship, you will see the Upgrade button flashing orange. You will also need 1000 Krona to complete the upgrade, an easy way to get this is Groody’Jinx’s Quest (Eco-Scrap Quest given in the Engine Room in the Evening). After you finish the upgrade, visit Melissa in the Human Camp at Dawn, then Alberto in the Engine Room at Midday and then it continues by itself. The quest log will also detail these steps.
- New Blackjack Minigame. After finishing the second quest from above, the one that allows you to upgrade the Entertainment Room, you can visit this part of the ship during the Evening. There, you will have two choices. Either to play the friendly version to get acquainted to the game, either to play the interesting version. In the interesting version, one round lost means that you lose one piece of your clothing. Because the older outfits will take some time to separate, I forced a change in your character’s clothes, so that you can see her losing a piece of clothing per every round lost for more immersion.
- New Rock, Paper, Scissors Minigame. In case there are two or more losers at the same time in the interesting version of the Blackjack minigame, the players will play this one until one loser is finally decided. In the future, this will be optional, since there might be dares assigned to two losers at the same time.
- Dares for the Interesting Blackjack Endings. There are three full sequences of dares for the scenario in which your character loses. Plenty of choices and action going there, coupled with around 4-5 drawings. Sadly, there wasn’t enough time to make proper dares for your crewmates, so right now most of this content is when you lose all your clothes.
- New Location: The Ship’s Gym. To access this area, visit the Engine Room during Dawn and join Alberto on his daily workout. After you do this once, you’ll be able to freely access this location by going inside the Storage Room at any time. For now, the content is for Squat at Dawn and for Treadmill at Midday. There isn’t any content at the other times of the day, but it’ll come. I figured that writing placeholder text would be a waste of time if it gets overwritten soon, so now there will just be messages to guide you towards the new content.
- One New Outfit. This can be accessed in the Ship’s Gym. There was one more outfit finished for this version, but it needs its own stats and tags for the combat and I didn’t include it yet to prevent bugs.
- New Narrative Approach. In the past, you might have needed to scroll often because the new content got appended/added to the older one on the same passage. Well, I’ve changed this in the new content and if people like it, I will update the older content as well. Your average novel has probably maximum 300 words per page and my goal was to also balance the number of words per page, to make reading more compact and less grindy. It was possible with Cyrus’ Macro from above.
- A New Enemy found in one of the new quests.