The Proteus Effect [Ongoing] - Version: 0.7.1
Consider supporting the dev if you like the game and want them to do what they love. Click on dev's link for more info.
Release Date: 3rd February, 2019
Game Size: 722.8 MB
Game Engine: RPGM
Current Game Version: 0.7.1 (Ongoing)
Total Views: 7,746 views
Post your problem in our Discord server for faster response. Click here to join.
The Proteus Effect is a lighthearted roleplaying adventure game where you take on the role of a down-on-his-luck guy who lands the job of his dreams as a playtester at a virtual-reality game company. Things don’t turn out quite as he plans, however, and he soon finds himself both trapped in the virtual world and stuck in the body of a nubile young woman.
Join the hero and his companions on their adventures through the fantasy-themed worlds as they try to figure out what’s behind the game’s strange malfunctions and ultimately find a way back home.
This is an adult game, of course, so it includes sexy content, and much more is on the way. So come on and play! You’ll have a titillating time, you might enjoy the story, and there’s an outside chance you might learn some things about yourself along the way!
How to install?
- Extract the compressed file to an specific folder.
(If you get error in winrar, use DAEMON tool lite to mount the compressed file as a disk and then copy the game files from that virtual disk.)
- Open the folder and run the .exe file to play.
- Dual Core Pentium or equivalent Processor.
- Intel HD 2000 or equivalent Graphics.
- 722.8 MB of free disk space (Recommended to have twice as much free disk space than this).
What's New in The Proteus Effect Version - 0.7.1?
- Added small quest to familiarize player with easy modes
- Revised easy mode for The Dark Pits dungeon
- Added a map to the ’10 bomb room’ (AKA bomb puzzle room)
- Fixed a number of issues with the hospital minigame
- Various other fixes
As you can see, this update mostly deals with easy modes. I’ll talk more about why I felt that was needed – and about 0.7 generally – in my post this Sunday or so. Here’s what’s different in Dark Pits easy mode:
- The boss fight is only the first phase (and his HP has been adjusted accordingly)
- Easy mode skips the waterfall level and most of the long stream level
- Bombs should actually deal reduced damage (I don’t think they did before >_< )
The new quest is pretty short; I just added it so there’s some game mechanism that unambiguously lets players know that easy modes exist. You’ll find the quest giver in Ogremarsh any time after you start the recruitment quest for the Bunnies.