Pure Onyx [Ongoing] - Version: August 31 2021 Test Release
Consider supporting the dev if you like the game and want them to do what they love. Click on dev's link for more info.
Release Date: 13 September, 2021
Game Size: 720.1 MB
Game Engine: Unity
Current Game Version: August 31 2021 Test Release (Ongoing)
Total Views: 151,883 views
Post your problem in our Discord server for faster response. Click here to join.
Beat em’ up side scroller.
How to install?
- Extract to desired location.
- Click on "Pure Onyx.exe" to start playing.
- Dual Core Pentium or equivalent Processor.
- Intel HD 2000 or equivalent Graphics.
- 720.1 MB of free disk space (Recommended to have twice as much free disk space than this).
What's New in Pure Onyx Version - August 31 2021 Test Release?
This release adds the first Femcop and Onyx H scene, which I think many of you have been excited for ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). You can expect an improved version of it next month, with more secondary motion (jiggles) and improved FX. We’re also working on two multi-team FemCop scenes, one of which I’m hopeful we’ll also have ready next month.
We’ve also managed to sneak in a really significant mechanic called the Exhaustion system. Grapples now increase Onyx’s Exhaustion over time, which makes grappling more difficult. Exhaustion also increases by a small amount at the completion of H scenes (but not during, meaning you aren’t rushed while viewing it). This system will be wired into the RPG framework more in the future to make it more interesting. Currently, the mission will end when Onyx reaches max Exhaustion, but this may change later as we continue to develop the Mission/Events system. Onyx’s Exhaustion can be removed simply by visiting The Hub on the world map — it’s automatically removed there.
We could use feedback on Exhaustion system balancing, so please let us know what you think!
(** indicates items added or being added since the August 16 Inner Circle test release):
- ** Added first FemCop + Onyx H scene.
- ** Added an H grab variant of the Flip Kick skill to FemCop.
- ** Added placeholder 2nd armor damage level for FemCop
- ** Added initial version of the Exhaustion system. Grapples increase Onyx’s Exhaustion over time, which makes grappling more difficult. Exhaustion increases by a small amount at the end of H scenes (not during).
- ** When Onyx is completely exhausted, missions now end and she is returned to the Hub. Ending a mission manually will also remove Onyx’s Exhaustion.
- ** Added a placeholder Exhaustion meter to the game screen.
- ** The Exhaustion gauge in the status menu is now functional.
- ** Player now receives a warning if Onyx’s Exhaustion is high when returning to the world map.
- ** Exhaustion is automatically removed when Onyx visits The Hub on the world map.
- ** Chain Splicer now has the “eyeshine” cue before launching an H attack
- ** FIxed clipping on FemCop’s bodysuit shoulders
- ** Fixed an issue where changing key-bindings would cause the game to freeze
- Added Thug section to the Chain Splicer H scene.
- Added additional SFX to the Runt section of the Chain Splicer H scene
- Added the capability for Onyx to travel between maps / exit to the World Map
- Added basic event system, including enemy encounters, triggers, temporary wall colliders to limit encounter areas, and “Go!” indicator to guide Onyx
- Added an arrow indicator to guide player toward map exits/transitions.
- Overhauled camera math to accommodate multiple aspect ratios without breaking enemy encounters.
- Added Test Mission to show off the new map/mission features
- Added first iteration of enemy clothing damage / graphics transformation system
- Added first level armor damage to FemCop (jacket destroyed when hit with heavy attack)
- Added LOD (optimized) model for FemCop
- Added Mule Kick ability to FemCop (she will now counter attack from knockdown)
- Added SFX to FemCop’s Backstep ability
- Completed rework/upgrade of FemCop’s genitals rigging
- Massively reduced chance of firefly artifacts appearing (white flashing circles — visual giltch some players have) appearing.
- FX no longer incorrectly continue playing after an H animation / H scene has been skipped or an attack has been canceled.
- Runt’s box and Ball Drone will no longer fail to appear during Runt’s section of the Chain Splicer H scene.
- Charger can no longer improperly change facing direction after winding up for Ground Stomp
- Wraxe no longer pre-emptively flickers away before his Death animation can complete
- Fixed textures on Ball Drone that were missing after LOD revamp
- Ball Drone is no longer missing its eye during Runt’s section of the Chain Splicer H scene.
- Zoom now functions in the gallery when a scene is not active.
- Game database split in two so that only system data is initialized at startup (will allow for loading animation instead of black screen)
The game isn’t balanced that great yet, so some people have asked if there are ways to bypass bosses or get some help. You can use console commands for this while the game is still rough around the edges. Press the ` (backtick/tilde) key to open the console. Type any of the commands below and press enter. Press ` again to close the console.
- godmode on/off – Makes Onyx indestructible.
- onepunchmode on/off – Gives Onyx the ability to kill anything with one attack.
- setwave # – Sets the enemy wave to the number specified. Changes will not be reflected in enemies until the current wave is wiped out. If you want to fight Street Lord Wraxe, who spawns on Wave 20, then set the wave to 19 and wipe out the remaining enemies.
- setgamespeed # – Multiplies the game speed by the number specified