By Another Name [Ongoing] - Version: 0.024
Consider supporting the dev if you like the game and want them to do what they love. Click on dev's link for more info.
Release Date: 21 December, 2022
Game Size: 1.82 GB
Game Engine: Ren'Py
Current Game Version: 0.024 (Ongoing)
Total Views: 4.8K
Post your problem in our Discord server for faster response. Click here to join.
By Another Name is an adult visual novel that answers the question “What if I was an incoming college freshman, preparing to attend an elite private school on a soccer scholarship, when my dad unexpectedly dies right before the school year begins, leaving behind a mystery for me to solve that could force me to question the legacy of the man I was raised by?”
How to install?
- Extract and run
- Dual Core Pentium or equivalent Processor.
- Intel HD 2000 or equivalent Graphics.
- 1.82 GB of free disk space (Recommended to have twice as much free disk space than this).
What's New in By Another Name Version - 0.024?
This is a general update with lots of QoL changes and 200+ lines of dialogue from throughout the game that have had changes made to them. Not that they were bad before…but now they’re definitely not bad
- “Hide” function added to quick menu so you can hide the interface during a scene if you’d like to do so
- “Rollback Side” function added to settings, in case that’s something you’re into
- Gravity re-enabled for Harper in the first event, as there was a scene in there where she was floating and being immune to gravity kinda makes her OP to be honest
- Updated Hint System
- There’s now a hint for every event, even the ones that automatically move from one to the next, for those of y’all who want to always know you’re moving in the right direction
- Fixed glitch that made it impossible to access second psych classroom event
- Added three new dorm-mini events (these are supposed to be added in 0.03, but they’re in this build because it would’ve been more work to take them out, enjoy <3
- Reminder that not all dorm events will be accessible from the start, keep playing and you may see new ones here and there!
- Added dialogue choices to early game events
- Added affection bonuses for some dialogue choices to early game events that should have had them before