A Very Small Business [Abandoned] - Version: 0.3.1
Consider supporting the dev if you like the game and want them to do what they love. Click on dev's link for more info.
Release Date: 15 November, 2017
Game Size: 359.7 MB
Game Engine: Others
Current Game Version: 0.3.1 (Abandoned)
Total Views: 3,167 views
Post your problem in our Discord server for faster response. Click here to join.
You play as a young man who is managing a very small business from home, trying to make enough money to move his business to a new level.
As you were too focused on developing your business you overlooked your relationship with your girlfriend, Laura. It is just now that you realized it and you need to take urgent measures to restore it. She is still living with you, but she is so close to leave.
Find the right work-life balance!
Do that and save $50,000 to win the game!
How to install?
- Download portable version (for installer version, follow normal installation process)
- Unpack the portable version to a convenient location
- (optional*) Double click on dotnet452websetup.exe inside Components folder, to install .Net 4.5.2
- (optional*) Double click on dxwebsetup.exe inside Components folder, to install required DirectX components
- Double click AVSB/GBGameWinDX.exe inside , to play the game
- Dual Core Pentium or equivalent Processor.
- Intel HD 2000 or equivalent Graphics.
- 359.7 MB of free disk space (Recommended to have twice as much free disk space than this).
What's New in A Very Small Business Version - 0.3.1?
- advanced start, for those who already played the previous versions.
- the new business module, including the ability to interact with suppliers AND fully automatable business.
- a few hidden hotspots. Find them all to discover something interesting .
- support for multiple languages. For sure there will be the English version, but I will also include any other translation that will be available at the time.
- Added Advanced Start as an option when picking difficulty. This starts the game in Normal mode, but with improved skills and relationship with Laura.
- This option is for those who already played the previous versions of AVSB.
- The game supports multiple languages installed at the same time!
- Added a language selection screen at startup.
- There are some hidden hotspots in the library. Find them all to discover something interesting .
- Massive changes to business module.
- Removed all previous suppliers.
- Added supplier Marco, which is the only default supplier.
- Added supplier Roxanne, who needs to be discovered.
- You can see the picture of all suppliers.
- Added a supplier-discovery mechanism, which implies searching for leads.
- You can search for leads from home (Work/Suppliers/Find More Suppliers screen).
- Added support for receiving leads from other game characters.
- You can process leads in order to discover true contacts (currently only Roxanne).
- Discovering leads takes many attempts. Progress is visible directly inside the Search Leads button (as a progress bar).
- Processing leads requires more and more leads as you discover more and more suppliers.
- Process Leads buttons displays the number of leads available vs leads needed (directly as a progress bar inside the button).
- Once you have the contact information, you can visit the supplier in order to sign a business agreement.
- Changed the Negotiate Buy screen. Now you can buy less items than offered (if you don’t have enough money).
- You can AUTOMATE suppliers by negotiating automatic restock agreements.
- You can re-negotiate automatic restock agreements.
- Discount and maximum stock at supplier depend on business level, sales turnover, your negotiation skills and a bit of luck.
- Once you have an automatic restock agreement you can set your stock at supplier (up to the maximum agreed).
- If you have some courier stock when you sign the automatic restock agreement, your stock at supplier will be automatically configured.
- You can see some additional info about the current supplier. This information may update as your business relationship improves.
- You can see all your automatic restock agreement in your Supplier Details screen.
- You can see your business relationship level (and progress for leveling up) in the Supplier Details screen.
- Buying inventory and negotiating automatic restock agreements is done via videochat.
- You can now set prices using a slider for Markup (rather than using +/- buttons).
- You can change stock at supplier using a slider.
- You can change quantity in Negotiate Buy with a slider too.
- Work screen now displays Subscribers Count directly in the side-bar.
- Customer Service now displays the number of unserviced service requests (directly in the side-bar).
- You can now read some of the service requests you receive.
- You can gain some mood points while reading service requests (from amusement or vanity).
- You can loose some mood points while reading service requests (from criticism).
- You can now write software to automate Customer Service. Progress is visible directly inside the “Write Software” button, as a progress-bar.
- Current level of your software is displayed directly in the side-bar.
- Your software can be improved up to your Customer Service or Programming level, whichever is lowest.
- Higher level software addresses more service requests each morning.
- Each morning, automatically serviced customers are automatically subtracted from the Subscribers you need to service.
- Marketing now displays the number of new Subscribers (directly in the side-bar).
- You can now automate marketing, by writing software. Also, progress is visible directly inside the “Write Software” button, as a progress-bar.
- Marketing software can be improved in the same way as Customer Service Level. Also, there is a progress-bar for leveling up.
- Higher level software brings more new subscribers per day than lower level software.
- Each morning, new customers gained from software are added to the list of subscribers you will gain tomorrow.
- Business relationship with suppliers improves with each item you buy from them, including those from automatic restock agreements.
- Business relationship can improve during visits.
- Some suppliers may ask for a fee for assessing your business, before you can do any business with them. Roxanne asks for $75.
- The supplier can sometimes sell items that aren’t part of this regular offer. For those, we won’t be able to sign automatic restock agreements.
- Market is now stable. There aren’t any market price fluctuations.
This is temporary. Market fluctuations will be added back soon.
- Added Joleen story back.
- Some buttons that open have a small icon indication that clicking on them opens a sub-menu.
- Some buttons have progress-bars embedded, showing progress for the given task.
- Some buttons have an “Info” button, what displays additional information about the associated action.
- FIXED Bug: weekday names aren’t translatable.
- FIXED Bug: Quicksave and Autosave buttons aren’t translatable.
- Installed languages are now automatically detected.
- You can now study Marketing, Negotiation and Customer Service at the library.
- Improved graphics for studying Professional, Marketing, Negotiation and Customer Service at home.
- Re-balanced skills vs costs of actions.